Sunday, October 31, 2010

Texas visit & Baby shower!

I had a great time in Texas with my parents, grandparents and my friends! My best friends from high school drove to San Antonio to spend the weekend with me, and it was so fun seeing them, I hadn't seen them in over a year! My mom and I did lots of crafts and sewed a few things for the baby's room! We enjoyed some of the best Mexican food & Texas BBQ and the weather was PERFECT! Basically the few days I spent there made me miss living in Texas, I'm not much of a cold weather person.
My mom convinced me to chop my hair off! Which I was hesitant about but I'm so glad I ended up doing it cause I like it so much more now! I'm going to be a mom soon so I've gotta start looking like one!


I got to see my Grandma while i was in Town. They live 4 hours south of San Antonio and were able to drive up and spend a couple days with us. For those of you who don't know my Grandma has been enduring Stomach Cancer for over a year and a half so it is always great to see her, she is such a strong and positive person!
My two friends that come into town to visit! Kady & Kelly!


My mom & her friend Amy Pearson threw me and Amazing shower! Our baby got so spoiled with so many gifts! My mom made these amazing sugar cookies that she had me help decorate! The theme was a birdie theme... Let's just say my mom is a huge perfectionist and she always goes above and beyond when it comes to this kind of stuff!
My mom got a Fake pregnant belly for everyone at the shower to try on... it was pretty funny seeing everyone pregnant!
ha my mom pulled off a pretty cute pregnant belly!
My friends & their mama's minus Bailey and her momMe & My Grandpa
Just a couple of the many cute things that she got from the shower!A bunch of people at the shower went in and bought me this amazing stroller!! I'm in love with it!

We also went to one of my old high school football games! It was really weird being back at one of those games, it kinda made me miss cheerleading and cheering on the football players... all in all it was a great trip and i'm grateful for all of my friends and family that made that weekend so much fun! It's always good to be back home with my husband though!

8 comments:

Kristen. Jason. Sofia said...

oh how fun!! my sis lived in san antonio and i loved it there too! i can't believe that darling shower! your mom is AMAZING! i love your hair! you are a super cute mom already! i'm so excited for you! don't tell anyone... but this makes me miss being pregnant!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

What a fun trip you had to Texas! I'm so glad you got to go. Your shower looked like so much fun. Your mom really is amazing!

Love you and are so excited for Sadie to join the family!!

love,
Susan/Mom

Sue said...

Thanks for coming to play with me! I looked forward to your visit from the moment the ticket was booked! Thanks for letting her come Ryan... your a good man!

Tyler and Jaimee said...

That really was such a cute shower! Your mom really does go all out!

I like your stroller and diaper bag too, that is nice that you have so many people to help you guys buy all the big things!

Good luck these next couple weeks!

by the way... who said moms have to have short hair!? haha.

Allyx and Dan said...

aww I'm so jealous! I miss TX so much! Your shower looks amazing! Tell your mom I said hi and I miss them!

The Nannie Family said...

Sounds like you had a great time. What a great baby shower. We are excited for you.

Tyler & Michelle said...

I'm glad I got to come!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Those were beautiful pictures of a colorful shower. I got a kick out of your mom with a pregnant belly. You have lots of great friends and family to be proud of. We're excited that baby girl will be just a little more than a month and a half away.

Love, Mike