Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jaimee's Baby Shower!

Last Saturday was Jaimee's baby shower. Aunt Karen and I threw the shower for her and had a lot of fun getting things ready for it. There is so much that goes into planning a baby shower that you don't even realize. I also had so much fun shopping for gifts for jaimee's girl, there were so many cute outfits and accessories I just wanted to buy it all!

We had lot of yummy food! My favorite was the yogurt parfaits.

Jaimee got so many cute outfits and accessories for the baby! She only has about 5 weeks left until the baby is finally here! We are all getting really excited to finally have a kid in the family.

I decided to try and make a quilt for Jaimee. This is actually the quilt I was making when the needle went through my finger. I didn't touch the quilt until a week before the shower because I was a little bit scared to sew after that experience.

The Giffith and Moore side of the family... they are such great in laws!
Susan and Hannah were able to come over to Utah for the baby shower. They stayed for the whole weekend and it was fun to spend some time with both of them even though Ryan and I had to work our jobs part of the time.

10 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Looks like you inherited your Mom's sewing skills. VERY CUTE.

Valeri said...

Love the blanket. You ought to email me the yogurt parfait recipe (or anything else you made at the shower that was yummy), since this month's recipe exchange theme is 'breakfast, brunch and baby showers'. :)

A bit about our little family... said...

WOW! Awesome quilt ali girl! This makes me miss you but I am excited to see you sunday! yahoo!

Cierra said...

i already commented on susan's and jaimee's blogs, but i wanted to tell you that quilt turned out awesome! and it means even more that you put your sweat, blood, and tears into it! (literally!)

Summer said...

ali :) you are so talented!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

You and Karen did such a great job on the shower! Everything was perfect! The quilt is amazing. You are a very talented gal! It was so much fun spending time with all of you cute kids! Thanks for taking off work to be with Hannah and me.

The Nannie Family said...

Great job on the shower Ali. The quilt is wonderful, sorry about your finger.

Tyler and Jaimee said...

cute post!! That blanket really is soo cute. Thanks again for all your hard work for the shower it was so fun and i will never forget it! :) Love ya!

Moore Family said...

Sorry we didn't make it to the shower....looks like a blast and your quilt is to die for. I think you could get a little business going, especially for people like me who don't even know how to sew a button on!

Tyler & Michelle said...

That quilt is sooo good!