Sunday, August 2, 2009

What we've been up to in July....

Where do I start it's been so long since I have posted anything. Life has been crazy with work, school and lots of vacations. I'll start with the 4th of July. The day before the 4th we went down to Provo with Tyler and Jaimee so go to Seven Peaks waterpark! It was a lot of fun and we we're glad we could get together with them for the day. All four of us came close to dying that day though, when we all went down a very tall slide and got some air, and started to free fall. Needless to say i'll never be going down a slide like that ever again. Later that night we met up with some family on my dad's side for some dinner, pole vaulting lessons, and picking delicious cherries. Then later that night we drove back to Logan for fireworks because for some reason Logan doesn't celebrate the 4th of July on the 4th they celebrate on the 3rd. It was fun though, Ryan and I went out in our "backyard" laid a blanket out and watched the fireworks. A little burnt from the waterpark in the picture below...

It was weird getting used to a different cities 4th of July celebrations. On the 4th they do a thing called The Cruise In. Which is a bunch of old cars that people have fixed up and they drive them up and down main street.

Back the Future car... they even had crazy gray wigs.

Next in July... We went to Colorado to visit Ryan's family and for Ryan to try out for American Idol in Denver! Although it was a long day, I'm so proud of him for trying out he really is a talented singer. Here's how our day went, we woke up at 2:45 am to drive to Denver and we got there at 4:30 am to line up. They didn't let us into the Invesco stadium until 8:00 am and Ryan didn't end up trying out until 4:30 pm. It was a long day of sitting in the heat along with a bunch of strangers. But, it's cool to say been there done that.
Registering the day before tryouts!In front of Invesco Stadium.
Early in the morning the day of tryouts, Waiting in line to get in.

The big crowd of people!


The 12 tents that they tried out at.
....and Ryan Seacrest! Who stopped tryouts for over an hour.. ugh.


Waiting in the heat for 10 seconds of fame.
Ryan waiting in line to tryout... He's in the middle in a black shirt behind the girl in the pink.And Ryan about to tryout... I was sick to my stomach nervous for him at this point.

The next day after tryouts, Eric, Hannah and Us went to Water world for the day. Another water park and another full day of fun!

This past Wednesday I finished up my 2nd try at my Anatomy class, and happy to say that I got an A-! I'm very happy to be done finally with that class, and I can now say i'm an Anatomy pro.

This Tuesday we leave for TEXAS! We're excited for a hot week while at the pool, river and lake! Pictures will be up soon from that week!

8 comments:

The Nannie Family said...

Sounds like a great summer so far. Have fun in Texas. Wish we lived closer, If driving stop by Abilene.
American Idol, how exciting! That's wonderful Ryan that you went for it. World's lose they didn't move you on. There is always America's Got Talent.

Paul and Joni said...

...or did you really make it and you just can't say anything yet?

We loved the cruise in, I actually drove in it once because some guy I knew was totally wasted and I didn't want to let him drive, so I drove his awesome jeep while he swatted imaginary flies in the air. Thanks for all the updates, see you soon!

Cierra said...

what a fun july! you guys have been busy busy having fun! and that's cool you guys had the motivation to go to the american idol tryouts. what a cool memory!

Aaron said...

um, how did i fail to gather the american idol incident? ............

Tyler & Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun summer so far! We will get to see you soon when you come to Texas!!

Did he make it? Or do we have to wait to find out?

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

So glad you blogged!! I've been waiting for you to blog the Idol pics before I blog mine. That was so much fun having you here even though we didn't get the results we hoped for! Those are some cute pictures and memories you'll have forever. That's funny that Ryan Seacrest is standing on a box! What a cute little guy!!

Have fun in Texas and we'll see you soon. We are excited to see you!!

love,
Susan/Mom

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Good job with Anatomy and with trying out for American Idol! What a fun summer!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

ps! Congrats on doing so well in Anatomy. So proud of you!!

Love,
Susan