Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our little vacation to St. George!

Back in January, for Ryan's birthday, I got him tickets to go see Brian Regan.  Since the show in Logan was sold out for January, I got tickets for the show in St. George (southern Utah) this past weekend!  We had so much fun together, and enjoyed our break from school and work.
This is a picture of the Amphitheater that the show was at, It was off in the middle of this canyon. 
  He is a very funny comedian, and he is also really clean.  It was mostly us and a bunch of older people there.
When it got dark out, I would have been a little scared in that canyon all alone.

We also stopped by the St. George Temple.  I love that temple, It's really pretty. I hope some day when we go back down there we actually go through it.
There were tons of beautiful roses all around the temple.We got to enjoy restaurants that we don't eat at very often, such as, In & Out burger, Texas Roadhouse, and Fazoli's... YUM!  We also went and played some arcade games and putt putt golf. By the way, I beat Ryan 54 to 56! It was a really close game the whole time, but i was pretty excited to win.So happy to have such an amazing husband!We spent a lot of time laying out at the pool, Ryan did good with laying out this time.  But, he still had to have his fun doing the butterfly to entertain himself and also competed in a diving meet against himself.) As shown in the video below.  Ryan wanted me to do the announcing.



Ryan did the "bird man" hair-do.  We of course watched the Nuggets game, which was the most amazing game.  Afterwards Ryan was jumping from bed to bed, seriously.  I wish i had gotten a video of all the action!
Finally on our way back home to Logan, We stopped by Salt Lake to visit our Grandma Griffith.  She had been sick since last week, and had only gotten worse.  We were fortunate to be there with all of the family when she passed away on Sunday, May 10th.  Grandma Griffith was a wonderful and beautiful lady, I've never met someone so sweet and humble.  She will be missed, but we are happy she is back with her husband.

Ben (Chelsie's son)  was also there.  I have to say that he is by far the cutest little kid ever, whenever there is a camera on him he always has a smile on! 




   

9 comments:

Aaron + Kayti said...

i bet it was so nice to get out of town for a bit! it looks like you guys had so much fun - next time we should all go together!

ps we miss you guys. when can we play again?

Paul and Joni said...

fun weekend, that Regan guy is hilarious.

Cierra said...

i give ryan's dive a 9.8 just for the graceful arm movements before he entered the water. the head nods were a nice touch too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend together - nothings better then sneaking away from reality for a couple of days! Thanks for taking pictures to share with us! Sweet dive Ryan :)

Mom Lindberg said...

Sorry - My fingers are just too fast sometimes - I'm anonymous!

Kendi said...

Your trip looked like lots of fun! Just what you deserve after a long semester of school.
Sorry to hear about Grandma Griffith. We'll be thinking of you all!

Tyler and Jaimee said...

Fun pics! I am jealous you guys got to take a vacation. Sunday night was sad but at least you got a good picture of Ben! He is so cute.

I really like the bird man-dew on ry guz I have never seen it on him and I dont think I have ever heard it called the bird man haha.

We look forward to seeing you guys on Saturday! ps i like your cute pink dress in the pics.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I want to go see that guy some day. It looks like you did a lot in a short time! I'm glad you all were there for Grandma Griff. She was a special gal and very much loved.

xo,
Susan

The Nannie Family said...

Glad you had a nice little get away. Sorry to hear about Grandma Griff. Ryan loved your dive.